the way forward?

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:01:50 +0200
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: "Brian McBride (E-mail)" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

Jeremy,

Per our discussion earlier, I've drawn up some diagrams that summarize
my understanding of your proposed refinement to TDL which adopts a modified
version of the local (D) idiom which requires for every literal an
anonymous node and for each such node a single rdf:value property
with zero or many rdf:type properties.

I agree with you that this modification, along with the global
(P) idiom and tidy literals may serve as an acceptable "fusion"
of TDL and S-P and provide closure for RDF datatyping.

Please tell me if these diagrams coincide with your own understanding
of the solution.

The slides depict (1) the minimal, basic idiom for all literal values,
(2) mulitiple locally defined types, (3) multiple globally defined
types, and (4) cohabitation of local and global typing. It is presumed
in slide 1 that the interpretation (complete TDL) is provided by
the application environment, or by some subsequently syndicated global
typing.

Cheers,

Patrick

Slide1.png