Re: Poll/vote proposal: YahooGroups / RSS 1.0 namespace PURL -> w3.org

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 17:30:12 -0600
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, "<rss-dev@yahoogroups.com>" <rss-dev@yahoogroups.com>
CC: eric miller <em@w3.org>, <www-archive@w3.org>, Libby Miller <libby.miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Great idea, danbri. A few comments:

On 2002-09-01 3:18 PM, "Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org> wrote:

> We could probably copy a bunch of the other docs from the WG filespace on
> yahoogroups to W3C (eg. the modules), and it may be that the workings of
> the PURL server might require this for PURLs that begin with the same URI;
> I'd need to check.  Perhaps someone more familiar with the PURL service
> could comment? (EricM?)

It depends on the kind of PURL set up. I think with the current set-up we
don't need to copy everything.

> (hmm, I've not done one of these before. sorry if this sounds po-faced!)

It's way too long for a poll, which <sarcasm>YahooGroups kindly eliminates
linebreaks and HTML from</sarcasm>.

How about:

Do you support having http://purl.org/rss/1.0/ files redirect to someplace
in http://www.w3.org/2002/01/rss/? See