RE: Edtodo is now uptodate

OK, how should we proceed. This issue is closed as far as the WG is
concerned.

> > 286: Add '(which may or may not also be SOAP
> intermediaries)' to first
> > note?
> >
> Sounds reasonnable.

Done.

> > 289: What does an intermediary do when it receives a fault? Is the
> > fault guaranteed to be passed on to the original sender (
> or previous
> > intermediary)?
> >

> Since we don't indicate what happens when faults are
> generated in the first place, I think the most we can say is
> that intermediaries MAY forward fault messages.
>
> However, I am wondering whether this is not raising a deeper
> issue, which is how intermediaries forward response messages.
> I think sections 2.7.* are written from the POV of request
> messages; do they cover adequately response messages?

Good question. What do the other editors think?

> > 334a: Mention SOAP Response MEP???? I don't think we need to.
> >
> I also don't think we should.

Done, issue closed in edtodo

> > 334b: Seems to me that MEPs are one of the extensibility points in
> > SOAP... So what do we need to say???
> >
> I'm confused by the issue as well. Ignore?

That's my gut feeling. Issue closed in edtodo

> > 335: I don't think we need to change it, it is only an example...
> >
> Agree.

Done. Entry closed in edtodo.

> > 352a: When refering to the QNames of types use QName production (
> > prefix:localname ) rather than 'localname'
> >
> I think this would improve readability (although, strictly
> speaking, prefix should be replaced by the corresponding URI ;-)).

Well, given we state in the intro what the prefixes map to that isn't
necessary. I'll do a pass through the spec and make this change.

> > 352b: Use textual identifiers for references rather than numerics
> >
> I believe I have done this already about two months ago,
> after this were pointed out for WSDL... BTW, this is not a
> stylesheet issue, we only need to change the key in the
> bibtex entry (or whatever the XML production name is).

You are correct, this has already been done. Thanks.

> > 352d: Ensure all occurences of Infoset properties appear in square
> > brackets; e.g. '[specified]' rather than 'specified'.
> >
> The better long term solution would be to create and use a
> new XML element. We should then s/[/<prop>/.

OK, I'll put in the appropriate markup and update the stylesheet.

> > 353a: Provide examples of 'struct' and 'array' from some
> programming
> > language
> >
> I agree with Marc, we should not do this. I also think this
> is out of scope for the primer.

OK. Closed in the edtodo

> > 353b: Provide at least one example for each section
> >
> Possibly.
>
> > 353c: I propose we change the section title from 'Rules for
> encoding
> > Graphs in XML' to 'Mapping between XML and the SOAP Data Model' or
> > some such. 20020820 MJG
> >
> Works for me.

Done.

> > 357: Change DataEncodingUnknown to SOAPEncodingUnknown
> >
> Sounds good.
>
> > 373: suspect this issue really needs to be kicked 'upstairs' to the
> > WG.
> >
> Agree.

OK. Mail sent to xml-dist-app.[1]

Cheers