RE: [webwatch] Change Column Layout on WAI Page

I don't think the question, "should this kind of thing be encouraged"
requires a long answer. No it should not be encouraged. Absolutely not.
Already the WAI site has placed the navigation links on the right which
means NO skip navigation is needed. It is hard enough to convince folks to
do things that really make a difference; time should not be wasted doing
things that make NO difference. Having this on the WAI site is confusing for
visitors looking for best practices and expecting to find it on the WAI
site.

<commercial> In the new book, Constructing Accessible Web Sites by myself,
Cynthia  Waddell, Shawn Henry, Sarah Swierenga, Mark Urban, Mike Burks and
Paul Bohman,
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904151000/jimthatcherco-20/, there
is a table of an unscientific survey of 10 of the top 100 web sites. They
have an average of 25 images without alt text. </commercial>

Labels are almost never used on forms. Table markup is very rare. Raise the
issues that make a difference. Please.

Jim
Accessibility Consulting
http://jimthatcher.com
512-306-0931
Constructing Accessible Web Sites, is now available at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904151000/jimthatcherco-20/!
I recommend it. It's a good book! Buy hundreds.