Re: your concern about xpointer colliding with rdf identifiers

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:24:22 -0500
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 01:12:26PM -0500, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr/ says it applies only to text/xml,
> application/xml, text/xml-external-parsed-entity, and
> application/xml-external-parsed-entity content, so I guess
> application/rdf+xml is in the clear.

But RFC3023 says that "Fragment identification" is part of the
'generic' processing implied by foo+xml.

--- http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt ---
7. A Naming Convention for XML-Based Media Types
    This document recommends the use of a naming convention (a suffix of
   '+xml') for identifying XML-based MIME media types, whatever their
   particular content may represent.  This allows the use of generic XML
   processors and technologies on a wide variety of different XML
   document types at a minimum cost, using existing frameworks for media
   type registration.
   Some areas where 'generic' processing is useful include:
   o  Fragment identification - XPointers (work in progress) can work
      with any XML document, whatever vocabulary it uses and whether or
      not it uses XPointer for its own fragment identification.

just being a nit
--
-eric

(eric@w3.org)