PlexAPI: Stricter/Java

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 00:50:49 +0100
To: "Aaron Swartz" <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Cc: <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi Aaron,

Attached is a new version of RDF API <<rdfapi.py.txt>> with less
flexibility (node() doesn't exist anymore, and the intern bits are in the
Node class itself: no more slacking off by feeding it junk and still
getting back meaningful results). Although it has less flexibility, it was
still easy to modify ntriples.py <<ntriples.py.txt>>, which is also
attached.

Why give the system less flexibility? Because I decided to port it to Java,
just to find out if I could do it. The current result is attached as
<<rdfapi.java.txt>>. As it turns out, the java.net.URL class keeps throwing
up an odd error, and there are a couple of other bugs... There are some
really striking features of Java that I haven't got enough experience to
work around yet: like passing arguments of any type to a function.

Anyway, do want you want with it; I don't really expect you to make the
Python code that much stricter, but if you want to make it portable (if
that is a goal), then you might consider it.

Cheers,

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer