Re: UPDATE: initial message concerning syntax

From: Enrico Motta <e.motta@open.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:29:12 +0000
To: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>, Enrico Motta <e.motta@open.ac.uk>
Cc: pfps@research.bell-labs.com, phayes@ai.uwf.edu, jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com, horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk, mdean@bbn.com, lynn.stein@olin.edu, hendler@cs.umd.edu, connolly@w3.org, www-archive@w3.org

I agree with your point that some of daml+oil corresponds exactly to
standard frame-based representation.  However, if this frame-based
subset is part of a larger dl-like representation, then I think that
misconceptions can still arise on the part of non-dl-aware users
(i.e., my point is not about formal semantics is about the relation
between the story presented to the user and the underlying behaviour
of the system).