Re: Minus signs in ids -- n3.bnf

Tim,

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

>>Thanks for the reply. The escaping is a good idea, but it doesn't work
>>in both ways. I mean that "-" in XML would be mapped to "__" in N3, but
>>it likely remains "__" if converted back to XML.
>>

>No, the mapping is 1:1 and therefore the inverse mapping would
>have to be used the other way.

Sure. I have understood you want to use the escaping for an XML to N3
conversion only. When used in all N3 files  consistently, it works in
the both ways. But it requires the N3 definition to change.

>Well, what is allowed depends on how they are addedto the language.
>Many people would find the necessity of leaving spaces around an operator
>unnatural -- and therefore error-prone.

I see, N3 is useful since it's natural. I have hoped hyphens in prefixed
names could be distinguishable in a similar way as hyphens in literals
or URIs. Unfortunately, I don't know how operators are supposed to be
used (an example would be great), hence I do respect your objection.

>May I copy this message to www-rdf-interest@w3.org, the RDF interest group?
>Tim BL

Yes, of course. Could you please let me know when (and how) the issue is
resolved?

Thank you,
Petr

--