RDF Storage Systems

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 17:28:38 -0600
To: David McCusker <david@treedragon.com>
CC: <www-archive@w3.org>, <mathew@oierw.net>
Hi there,

We're building an RDF API and a decentralized search system on top of it for
something called the Plex. Now we need a storage system for it, and I know
you have experience in this area.

Some thoughts so far:

IronDoc. Unfortunately it is still vaporware.

BerkeleyDB. Doesn't scale as well as Mathew (my partner, cced) wants -- he
imagines 60GB stores. Also, I don't know the most efficient way to store RDF
triples in key-value dictionaries.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Please ask questions.

BTW, I'm cc-ing www-archive so this message is archived to the Web -- you
can of course quote it as you wish.

--
      "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
 <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>