Re: Use of XMLspec for the specs generating invalid HTML

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:13:47 +0200
To: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
CC: "Williams Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Mark Jones <jones@research.att.com>, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>, Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>, Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>, www-archive@w3.org
Hugo Haas wrote:

> - I defined spec/header/langusage/language:
>     <langusage>
>       <language id="en">English</language>
>     </langusage>
>   That way the value of the lang attribute for the html element is set
>   to "en" instead of "", which is invalid.

Done. (The spec contained <language>EN</language>, which was invalid.)

> - The XMLspec DTD allows lists inside paragraphs, which is not the
>   case of HTML. I have reported this problem to spec-prod[3] in order
>   to fix either the DTD of the XSLT style sheet.
>   In the meantime, I have extracted olist elements from p elements in
>   the abstract model.

Done. (olist _and_ ulist)