XML Protocol and Axioms of Web Architecture

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:14:31 -0400
Cc: www-archive@w3.org, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
To: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Dan Connolly and I were talking about Web Services and Web
Architecture on #rdfig today[1] and the issue of XML Protocol
came up. I had previously asked the Working Group about their
intentions with regards to preserving the semantics of Web
Architecture and received no response:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Jan/0029.html

Dan Connolly claims to have "asked (indirectly) for a GET (i.e.
REST) related requirement for the XML Protocol requirements".

I was curious if the Working Group has adopted this as a
requirement, and if not, why.

[1] Logs:
http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfig/2001-08-15.html#T21-58-39

Thanks for your help,

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |           Blogspace
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://blogspace.com/about/>