From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:48:10 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-archive@w3.org>

 pat: if rdf just amounts to sets of triples
<danb-scribe> ...you could get acccidental collisions
<danb-scribe> danbri: can't we just use uuids and move on?
<danb-scribe> pat: but then you can't use RDF docs in "query mode"
<danb-scribe> danbri: fine by me, i use another language for that
<danb-scribe> pat: two files in assertion mode can be merged
<danb-scribe> ..."query mode: someone publishes a question, someone
publsihes some statements; a service notices that one matches the other
<danb-scribe> jos: actually i don't see the problem; you can always
identify an anonymous node by its content.
<danb-scribe> dan: what do you mean by 'content'?
<danb-scribe> pat: how? same could be written for a different node.
<danb-scribe> jos: i can prove that it works
<danb-scribe> pat: i've just proved you can't: i'll copy the content and
assign to a different node