Re: Still alive?

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 04:20:28 +0100, Dorian Taylor (Lists)
<dorian.taylor.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20-Mar-10, at 8:13 PM, Laurian Gridinoc wrote:
>
>> Is there any installable Annotea server anymore? hmmm, if I were you I
>> would build my own Annozilla-like extension (over xpointerlib), that
>> would follow http://www.openannotation.org style and persist the data
>> in a remote triple store installation like 4store.org or on a hosted
>> RDF storage like the Talis platform.
>
> Not concerned about a working server, I'll just implement the protocol
> over top of my existing stuff. Will look at openannotation.org. #1 thing
> I want to do is click the little star in FF and have that go to my own
> back end.

Having implemented an annotation server on top of some other server system
a decade or so ago, I recall it being pretty easy. If I had a bit of time
now I guess I could do it with Opera Unite - the hard part isn't the
server, but the user interaction. I can probably do that with userJS,
although I am not sure about creating Xpointers (i.e. that would require
me actually learning new stuff).

If anyone is interested in it as a project I'll happily explain better
what I am thinking.

cheers

Chaals