Re: Still alive?

On 21 March 2010 03:05, Dorian Taylor <dorian.taylor.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20-Mar-10, at 7:46 PM, Laurian Gridinoc wrote:
>
>  You can get around of FF version check if you install the Add-on
>> Compatibility Reporter
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/15003
>>

> Okay, got xpointerlib+annotations+annozilla installed (for some reason it
> didn't like my XPI builds). Objective is transparent FF bookmarking -> my
> own Annotea server.
>
> Ideas? :)

Is there any installable Annotea server anymore? hmmm, if I were you I would
build my own Annozilla-like extension (over xpointerlib), that would follow
http://www.openannotation.org style and persist the data in a remote triple
store installation like 4store.org or on a hosted RDF storage like the Talis
platform.

BTW, check http://citability.org and their annotation backend
https://launchpad.net/citability

Laurian