Re: Collection of questions

* Stephen Crawley <uqscrawl@uq.edu.au> [2009-07-03 09:22+1000]
> Matthew Wilson wrote:
>> Urs Holzer wrote:
>>> Hi together
>>>
>>> I think we should make a collection of all questions we have to
>>> answer. (Stephen Crawley has posted many questions on this list
>>> already.) I am not shure how we should do that. Using the mailing
>>> list only is perhaps not feasible.
>>> The fanciest way would be to create a webpage with all the questions,
>>> the answers can then be submitted using annotations.
>>> Any other ideas?
>>
>> Is there still a W3C group on annotations who can answer the
>> questions, or update the specification or the server?
>>
>> Matthew
>>
> I think the answer is "no" to all of Matthew's questions ...
> unfortunately.  The original Annotea group has wound up.  Ralph Swick is
> still with W3C, but no longer interested in in Annotea.

Actually, but Ralph and I are still interested, but we both have a lot
of other tasks which edge out Annotea. I am still monitoring
www-annotation and will try to help document the W3C implementation.

>                                                         I had a short
> conversation with Ivan Herman a few weeks back (face to face!) and the
> impression I got was that he thinks that Annotea is out-dated.  Anyway,
> he said that there was little chance that the W3C Semantic Web group
> would reactivate this area.  Another possiblity is /Marja-Riitta
> Koivunen/ and her "annotea.org" website.  However, the indications are
> that she is semi-retired at the moment: there have been no updates to
> the site since 2006 and she didn't respond to my email.
>
> So I think the most practical solution would be to set up an informal
> working group (independent of W3C) to come up with consensus answers and
> document them.  A Wiki-based group sounds a reasonable approach.  (We
> might be able to host an Annotea Wiki on "http://metadata.net" ... I
> need to check out some issues.)

(longshot) if there are three W3C members interested in working on
this, you could start an XG, which would make it slightly easier for
Ralph and I to poke our noses in from time to time.

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/XGR/

--
-eric

office: +1.617.258.5741 32-G528, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
mobile: +1.617.599.3509

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.