W3C standard Annotea / Open Source ECM

From: Wendy L. <datatomato@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:28:48 +0000
To: www-annotation@w3.org
Hi,

I recently came across the W3C standard Annotea. This format was being
suggested because Nuxeo/ECM allowed for ease of use and little programming
efforts. They played well together.  Are other W3C standards under
discussions similar to Annotea where they play well with other open source
ECM’s or is there encouragement to use W3C standards as a way to make open
source more interoperable? I would like to be knowledgeable of these types
of initiatives so I can look at my schemas and DTDs and see where efforts
can be reduced with our programming staff.

*Thanks*
*-datatomato!*