Re: [semanticweb] Annotation Tool

On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:13:03 +0200, Marcelo Monteiro Custódio
<mcustodio@dba.com.br> wrote:

> If I am not wrong, the annotation tool is embedded in "Analyzer".....I
> didn´t find any reference to "Magpie"... I supposed this tool is
> proprietary...So it´s not good for me. Thanks anyway. But does anybody
> know any free tool? The Annotea tool cited at the bottom
> (http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/) is for this purpose?

Hi Marcelo

the Annotea page you refer to describes a project that includes a
protocol, and several free tools (and maybe some that are not free - I
don't know). I am not sure what you mean by automatic annotation - there
might be something in the bookmarks tool based on annotea and called
Ubimarks that automatically scrapes dublin core metadata into the
bookmarks. There are several implementations that let you select something
 from a browser interface and write an annotation, and the services do all
the hard messy owrk of finding a URI and hosting the annotation so you can
retrieve it sensibly.

There is also a mailing list for Annotea - you could ask on that for
latest information (I think the web pages are pretty out of date, but I
know there has been some more recent work being done).

cheers

chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org