Re: Starting point for annotations?

At 06:12 PM 7/31/2003 +1000, Reinthaler, Frank wrote:

>Hi www-annotation,
>
>Is there a good starting point resource out there for new people to find out
>just how annotations work and what they are for etc?

If you are interested in Annotea, you can find basic information at
http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/

and about Annotea papers, presentations, protocols, schemas etc. at
http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Papers.html

www10 Annotea paper is still a good starting point
http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/Papers/www10/annotea-www10.html

some information about shared bookmarks can be found at the schema doc
http://www.w3.org/2003/07/Annotea/BookmarkSchema-20030707

Siegfried Handschuh and Stefan Staab have also edited a book describing
several Semantic Web related annotation systems.
S. Handschuh and S. Staab (eds.), Annotation for the Semantic Web. Volume
96 Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, 2003, 240 pp.

Marja