Re: Deleting annotations with replies

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

>On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 11:18:57AM +0000, Matthew Wilson wrote:
>>
>> At the moment, I seem to be able to delete annotations which have replies
>> (using Amaya). Is this an intended change or a bug?
>
>We would have to duplicate an awful lot of information in each reply
>if we wanted to keep it resilient against being orphaned. We could get
>around this by creating a DeletedAnnotation object that to replace the
>one that A wants to delete. This would require no immediate client
>changes. The server currently detects annotations or replies with
>replies and declines to delete them. I could just replace the body and
>creator information with some hard-coded haha message.
>
>What do you think?

Seems like a reasonable approach. It is a bit like the problem of having
robust annotations for something (for examle making them annotations of a
whole document) which has changed. We can compare the dates (at least in case
of annotations on annotations and in principle for other documents) but that
doesn't necessarily tell us what went before - we just have to assume the
responsibility for interpretation...

CHaals