Re: Deleting annotations with replies

From: Matthew Wilson <matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 19:42:52 +0000
To: "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric@w3.org>
Cc: www-annotation@w3.org

At 14:05 16/11/02 -0500, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
>On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 11:18:57AM +0000, Matthew Wilson wrote:
> >
> > At the moment, I seem to be able to delete annotations which have replies
> > (using Amaya). Is this an intended change or a bug?
>
>I thought it was always so. We had lengthly discussions about this,
>and, in the end, it was an arbitrary choice between A's right to
>retract what he said and B's right to be able to refer to something
>stable.

>What do you think?

I think that you used to get an error "509 Protocol Vaguery" if you tried
to delete an annotation which had replies. But maybe I'm wrong.

I was wondering if some of the reply-related server code had changed,
because my development version of Annozilla seems not to be picking up
replies created by Amaya any more. In fact, even if I go straight to the
server with

http://annotest.w3.org/annotations?w3c_replyTree=annotation URI

I don't see what I expect.

Matthew Wilson