Re: New annotea server in Zope

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 07:42:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
cc: Brent M Hendricks <brentmh@ece.rice.edu>, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>, <www-annotation@w3.org>

Err, maybe it is in the Zope server as it picks up or delivers the
annotation. I used Amaya to create the annotation and post it directly to the
zope server.

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>Hmm, that means you should look  for another bug. I created the annotation
>with Amaya (6.1 Macintosh package, so it may hhave been fixed already).
>I think my post tool will work now for testing against Brent's server (I had
>to update it to handle different port numbers) but I decided to check my
>email instead of testing and committing, given limited connectivity. I hope I
>will have some more time to work on this over the weekend.
>On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Jose Kahan wrote:
>>Yes, the bug was in my XPointer parser. I just commited a fix. The
>>problem comes from the way you code the ID attribute in the Xpointer
>>portion of your RDF:
>>For the same image, you propose:
>> <a:Annotation
>>  a:context="http://www.w3.org/#xpointer(id(&amp;quot;logo&amp;quot;)/img[1])"
>>  And in Amaya, I have:
>>Although you coded it differently, the RDF parser was able to get it
>>correctly (good work Raptor and Dave Becket).
>>However, your error comes from the way you coded your HTML entity. It
>>should have been &quot; rather than &amp;quot... That gives you an
>>id value that's illegal and that my parser discards.
>>On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:16:38PM -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>>> Yep, works beautifully. I should figure out what is still not working in my
>>> ruby script and update the live version -
>>> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200209/annodemo/annoget.rb

>>> Right. Well, I am not sure where the bug is - but I am suspicious that it is
>>> in Amaya.

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22