Re: New annotea server in Zope

From: Nathan Young <nyoung@asis.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:35:58 -0700
To: www-annotation@w3.org

>> We have tested it with Amaya and a forthcoming release of Annozilla. We
>>   have tried to to make ZAnnot compatible with the Annotea protocol
>> document as posted...

Is there any documentation about what clients need to be able to expect from
servers (as a minimum)?  Or should each server completely implement the
annotea protocol?

Also, is there anything that explains the annotation structure in more detail

In particular, I'm not fully sure how I should handle:

<r:Description about="URI">

I think this is because I'm stil learning about RDF.  From doing a bit of
reading, my guess is that the URI given should return the full annotation

Also, is there a reason to use one of the body formats over another in a
given situation? are they completely interchangable?  Specifically, would
providing the body inline in the response to a query save the client an extra

<a:body r:resource="http://www.example.com/mycomment.html"/>

Thanks in advance!

Nathan Young
N. C. Young Design