Re: annotea server

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 15:19:31 -0400
To: nathan@ncyoung.com
Cc: www-annotation@w3.org

At 11:38 AM 10/9/2002 -0700, Nathan Young wrote:
>I'm tinkering around with writing an annotea server as a gateway to my
>weblog.

excellent!

>  Actually right now I'm just querying the W3C annotea server and
>fooling around with the clients to see exactly what their posts and queries
>look like.

well, I hope you've also skimmed the protocol document
http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Protocol.html

We (well, Marja) have been working on an update to that\
document, as we've neglected to document the reply
threading additions.  Marja's been beating me with
a stick to review her drafts.  I'm slowly getting to do that,
in between other tasks.

>Is there anyone who's interested in chatting about this?

I'd prefer to put my time into getting a new protocol document
out the door, but perhaps your questions and comments
here on this list will cause me to work faster, or realize
parts of things that we've still failed to document adequately.

>I'll be hopefully creating a server and also a toolkit that will make it
>easier for others to add bits and pieces of the annotea protocol to other
>apps.

wonderful!