Re: email annotation

Well, at W3C we archive our email lists on the Web. This means you can
annotate those. You could also annotate by the message id that each email
has.

Although we can use that as a key into our archive, as far as I know
there is no reliable way of finding an email mesage that was sent based on
its message-id (happily enough, since most email is personal). But I don't
think that's really a problem for most use cases - if you take an annotea
approach then anyone who has the email can find the id in the header and
query for an annotation - usually that means the sender and recipient(s).

cheers

Chaals

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Laurent Denoue wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anybody know of a program to annotate emails?
>Web annotations systems are popular, but emails are also a very big source of online reading so it would make sense to have such a tool.
>
>Laurent.

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22