RE: Is there anyidea about annotation search?

From: Laurent Denoue <Denoue@fxpal.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:17:15 -0700
To: "Xiao Peng" <xiaopeng@msrchina.research.microsoft.com>, <www-annotation@w3.org>
Hello,

- The Web annotation system (YAWAS) that I wrote during my PhD had a way to search for your personal annotations.
- WebHighlighter is a free utility you can download from PC Magazine and I believe it also has ways to search your annotations (stored in an XML file by the way: so you could write your own search tools easily).
- I recently proposed the idea of storing annotations inside normal web pages instead of having to rely on central annotation repositories. Web search engines could index them as they index web pages and then let you search them ("Annotations in the wild").

For Yawas and this proposal (workshop at ECAI 2002 in Lyon), please see my old home page at
http://www.univ-savoie.fr/labos/syscom/Laurent.Denoue/

Laurent.