Re: Still server problems (was : short server outage)

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:00:53PM +0200, Claus wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I am still experiencing problems with the annotation
> service. I can download the annotation index and all
> the annotations fine, but all authorisation operations
> fail - why is that ?

Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong error. I was looking for errors with
a certain symptom, but they haven't occured since yesterday at 03:21 GMT.

[Mon Aug 26 03:21:05 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /var/www/annotations

I did an upgrade to last night at 23:50 GMT. Could you tell me the
exact time you get such an error? Then I can look in the error log and
see if it gives me a clue.

> When trying to create an annotation I keep getting
> HTTP 401 responces !

I'm sorry, but you seem to have gotten involved in a system bug
here. Hopefully we'll be able to track it down quickly.

> Should I register again? (i.e. is my credentials not valid
> after the upgrade?)

Let's start with the exact time of a failure and see if we can work
with that.

Again, I'm sorry for the downtime.

--
-eric