RE: Questions on Annotea servlet set-up

Hi Sandor,

Your last comment made me write this reply. You said
*any* help or hint :-)

My understanding is that the AnnoteaServlet is a kind
of middle layer that handles some of the more complex
matters of exchanging annotations with an annotation
server, thus claiming less functionality from the Java-
Script client witch makes them easier to write. This also
expands the number of potential clients.

In design patterns terminology I see the AnnoteaServlet
as a Facade to the annotation server.

The JavaScript client communicates with an Annotea-
Servlet and the servlet communicates with the Annotea
server. This makes communication with an annotea
server 'just' a matter of submitting forms to the servlet.

The annotea project is based on RDF, using serialisation
in XML to transport models through the HTTP protocol.
See:

http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Protocol.html

Just a hint - hope you can use it.

Regards