Re: Using XPointer with HTML

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:14:37 -0000
To: <www-annotation@w3.org>, <w3c-html-wg@w3.org>

"Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
> I believe you are talking about the meta element[1] when used with the
> http-equiv attribute.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#meta-data

Which says:

|http-equiv = name [CI]
|This attribute may be used in place of the name attribute. HTTP servers
use this attribute to gather |information for HTTP response message
headers.

Nothing about clients using it, _servers use_ .

http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-html-lan also mentioned I think needs to
justify

"in particular, it is not in contradiction with the HTML 4.0
Specification."

as it reads that way to me, still it's only a note, so is of no real
consequence.

Jim.