Re: Using XPointer with HTML

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:45:47 +0200
To: "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>, <www-annotation@w3.org>, "HTML WG" <w3c-html-wg@w3.org>
> > No, that doesn't specify that you have to use a lang attribute.
> > It cites that as an example of how to meet the requirement, not
> > a prescription for it.
>
> Indeed, however the document we were discussing
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/ , sends no Content-Language HTTP headers
> either.

The actual question we were discussing was: can an XHTML 1.1 be delivered as
text/html? The answer is apparently yes.

Indeed, to make it WAI compliant the document above should be delivered with
a content-language header, or there should be a <meta> to that effect added.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton