Re: Using XPointer with HTML

"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
> From: "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>
> > You can't follow [xhtml 1.0] guidelines and have a valid XHTML 1.1.
> document
> > (Guidline C.7 creates an invalid document.)
>
> You can. A document with no lang= or xml:lang= would not contradict
> guideline C.7. (You can use the http headers to express the content
> language).

Ah, of course, sorry -  I was thinking in a WAI mindset where identifying
the language is a requirement.  So it's impossible to create an
accessible to WAI guidelines that is both XHTML 1.1 and served as
text/html ?  Can I put a request for an accessible version of the XHTML
1.1 recommendation, it might help me understand it better in future, and
therefore not waste your time.

Jim.