Re: Annotating images with Annotea.

From: Matthew Wilson <matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:52:34 +0000
To: "Jim Ley" <jim@jibbering.com>, <www-annotation@w3.org>
At 18:59 21/03/02 +0000, Jim Ley wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I see two options for that, either simply providing a a:body of
>content-type image/svg+xml which then any Annotea can just query - the
>advantage of this is the simplicity of doing it and extending existing
>clients (they just have to display the SVG document, no processing
>needed.) In fact, I've already done this, if you look at the annotations
>on http://jibbering.com/imgs/shepherds.jpg you'll see they include
>http://annotest.w3.org/annotations/body/1016716304.319541 .  Amaya
>doesn't try to get annotations on image content-type urls, Snufkin
>displays a link to the SVG and reports the content-type, and Annozilla
>won't install on my 0.9.8 [*]

Mozilla 0.9.9 (non-SVG build) + the latest Annozilla (from CVS) loads the
annotation list, raising a couple of errors on the way because it's
expecting an XPointer to resolve, and, on attempting to load the annotation
body, displays a "What do you want to do with this SVG file" prompt.

With a slightly older Mozilla+SVG build I get a crash when trying to load +
display the SVG; this is likely to be a Mozilla rather than an Annozilla bug.

Matthew Wilson