Re: Orphaned annotations

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:07:27 +0000 (GMT)
To: Matthew Wilson <matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk>
cc: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>, <www-annotation@w3.org>

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Matthew Wilson wrote:

> > > Have you document your fuzzy XPointer proposal? All I have is some remarks
> > > on it in this thread.
> >
> >No.  It's just something we reached between us; a simple recipe:
> >         - Normalise to XML
>
> Is there a precise definition of this normalization? Or is it just what one
> might reasonably expect?

The latter.  It's a demo-of-concept prototype, not a full-blown spec.
The goal was to find a representation we could both work with.

My suggestions would be:

(1) Run Page Valet on some test cases - it generates the normalisation
	or
(2) Look at Jim's Javascript client code, which I imagine must be
    quite similar to what you'll want.

If you'd like to move it towards a formal standard, I could scribble
down something a little more detailed.

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>