Re: Orphaned annotations

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:27:30 +0000 (GMT)
To: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
cc: <www-annotation@w3.org>

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Jose Kahan wrote:

> Have you document your fuzzy XPointer proposal? All I have is some remarks
> on it in this thread.

No.  It's just something we reached between us; a simple recipe:
	- Normalise to XML
	- Construct a pointer into the DOM on that XML

e.g. "http://www.foo.bar/doc.html#html[1]/body[1]/p[3]/a[1]"

>	 It would make it easier to evaluate it if you mailed
> it or put it online. We can put it online on the Annotea pages if
> you want, to faciliate its discussion.

Well, it's basically the same thing you already have in Annotea,
except in that we don't do ranges.

--
Nick Kew

<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>