feedback on the Annotea Project

From: Arlyn Freed <afreed@svsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 01:02:02 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-annotation@w3.org>

To whom this may concern,

Okay  I think I have the general idea of this annotation concept
basically like using MS Word review comments function with encryption,
so you'd have to unencrypt the code to reference the footnotes

But, ouch, my head hurts  could you possibly convert this whole
concept into something just a tad more user-friendly for those of use
less code-efficient (or very code deficient).

The big controversy on listservs is how we (teachers) harp on our
students about plagiarism only to find ourselves inadvertedly doing
exactly that.   Now that everyone is sensitive to the issue, an idea
like yours is ripe for implementation (if I understand your idea...)
but it has to be accessible for the low-techy.  What do you think?

Arlyn Freed

Ms. Arlyn Freed
Saginaw Valley State University                  Tel: (direct) (989)
OIP/English Language Program, W-141     Tel: (main office) (989)
7400 Bay Road                                            Fax: (989)
University Center, MI  48710                        e-mail: