Annotea Protocols - Updating annotation query

From: Matthew Wilson <matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:59:09 +0000
To: www-annotation@w3.org
On the Annotea protocols page, the protocol for updating an existing
annotation is described.

http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/User/Protocol.html#Updating

Does an update replace the old annotation, or does it overwrite the old
data? For example, if I wish to update the body of an annotation, but keep
the author etc. the same, can I send a message containing just d:date and
a:body, or do I have to send all the old metadata too?

Matthew Wilson