Annotea Protocols - Updating annotation query

From: Matthew Wilson <matthew@mjwilson.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:59:09 +0000
To: www-annotation@w3.org
On the Annotea protocols page, the protocol for updating an existing
annotation is described.

Does an update replace the old annotation, or does it overwrite the old
data? For example, if I wish to update the body of an annotation, but keep
the author etc. the same, can I send a message containing just d:date and
a:body, or do I have to send all the old metadata too?

Matthew Wilson