'document is undefined' error with the IE5 annogates

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:37:27 +0200
To: www-annotation@w3.org
I installed the IE5.5 annogates few days ago. In general it works well.
However, sometimes it comes up with a Javascript error, saying 'document is

To make it clear: what I did was to have a bookmark entry and I manually
exchanged the URL in the bookmark to the two javascripts for create and
extract annotations. I run it with IE5.5 on win2000.

Unfortunately, I could not pinpoint when exactly it happens. It is not
related to a specific document, it is not related on whether I use a
bookmark or something else. I think it never comes up for the first time I
use it. To make things even works, if I insist, it might lead to a crash of IE.

Anybody else had this problem? Any idea what happens?

P.S. I would welcome a personal answer, too, I am not signed up to the
mailing list

Ivan Herman

Head of Offices, World Wide Web Consortium
C/o W3C Dutch Office hosted at CWI,  Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam
tel:           +31-20-5924163
fax:          +31-20-5924312
mobile:     +31-62-8881369 (does not work when I am in the US)
email:       ivan@w3.org