Re: Photo metadata tool

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:54:21 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
cc: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, www-annotation <www-annotation@w3.org>
On Wed, 16 May 2001, Libby Miller wrote:

Hi,

> I had a bit of a go at something like this, because I was so impressed
> with the RDFPic tool. Instead of embedding RDF in the images however, I
> stored all the information, including annotations and more fundamental
> cataloging information in a database. There's a little demo at

I wanted to have the rdf embedded in the picture to avoid losing comments
when the picture is transferred, or changed. As the server can, with the
right Accept: headers, return only the comment (and the same is possible
for HTTP PUT). Of course it doesn't preclude storing a copy of the
metadata in a db.
I like self-describing objects in general :)

--
Yves Lafon - W3C