Re: bookmarklet: resubmission

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 15:35:43 -0400
To: Laurent Denoue <denoue@pal.xerox.com>, "'www-annotation@w3.org'" <www-annotation@w3.org>
At 10:50 AM 4/16/01 -0700, Laurent Denoue wrote:
>Of course, there might be cases when people want to explicitely attach
>annotations to the structure of the document, although I cannot find
>compelling examples.

LRK: When you're annotation a document to specify web accessibility issues,
as in EARL [1] you may want to label a tag, e.g. a frame that has no title
or a bogus title; or an IMG that has no alt text or bogus alt text.  In
these cases you can't simply attach a comment to content, at least not to
content which is a text string.

Len

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/#earl
--
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/