Re: Annotation working group

At 07:18 PM 5/7/2000 -0400, Marja-Riitta Koivunen wrote:
>We have a LEAD project in W3C, where we are developing an annotation system
>based on a general metadata infrastructure. It has an annotation server
>that stores annotations as RDF and we use Amaya as a user interface for the
>annotations. The tool will be demonstrated at the developers day at www9 in
>Amsterdam.

Dang! regrettably I did not beg my boss to send me to Amsterdam. This is
because I really stopped working on w3/standards projects this year, as I
didn't see much aggregate interest in this group (also, I have less time to
play around with web development at my job. Note: same company, new
name/domain. jgarfunk@bbn.com will still get to me.)

But now I'll try to catch up again.

Marja- Is there a web page detailing the new work in Annotations? Last I
checked, http://www.w3.org/Collaboration/ still has Karen MacArthur's name
on it; it was updated on 1999/11/30-- what was updated?

Also, where is the discussion list which will track this W3 project. This
one? Or another?

Perhaps w3 might also move towards some of the advanced discussion group
systems on the market. Many are much more flexible than plain ol' email lists.

Jon
Burlington, Mass ...........