Re: Conferences in 2000

Amsterdam would be nice! And after making this great connection through
submitting a poster to WWW8  I'll at least try again for WWW9. Unless we make
more commercial progress with Pageseeder though we'll be unlikely to actually
get there.

We'll be releasing the full version 1 next week, there's already a pre-release
available which is lacking only the ability of the moderator to administrate
the topic user registrations. The database is settled. We haven't put it up in
Linux yet but we're working on that.

I've been trying to respond to the discussion about nomenclature but we seem to
have a different enough approach that I'm not sure what we do is really just
annotation. We're more directed at we communities and group work I suspect.

It would certainly be fabulous to get together with everyone at a conference to
agree on some vocabulary.

Julie

Jon Garfunkel wrote:

> WWW9 is 5/15-19 in Amsterdam
> ACM Hypertext 2000 is 5/30-6/4 in San Antonio
>
> HT00 Full papers are due on 10/1/99, notification on 12/1
> HT00 short papers are due on 1/17/00, notification on 2/1/00
> WWW9 papers are due on 11/22/99, notification on 2/1/00
>
> Harumph. Looks like one needs to make a strict choice where to submit
> papers... but I have no idea which to choose. From my experience at WWW8, I
> learned that it's nice to get a block of presenters together at one
> conference.
>
> Any thoughts? I have checked out the ACM/Sigweb web pages, but there has
> been very little information there about web projects in general. Also I
> guess this list is closer tied to W3C, and hence WWW9, than ACM.
>
> Still hoping to see the W3.org/Collaboration pages updated...
>
> Jon

> GTE Internetworking /Powered By BBN/ ......
> Burlington, Mass ...........

Julie Gibson
WEBorganic Pty Ltd - Web sites that grow naturally!
julieg@weborganic.com        http://www.weborganic.com/
ph +61 2 99817168  or +61 412 699 674
Sydney, Australia