Re: A WWW-annotation protocol (good ideas and bad ideas)

On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Jon Garfunkel wrote:

> I can report that the basic 3V annotation encoding format uses *some* XML.
> While the poster, title, and content are wrapped in XML tags, the other
> fields are wrapped using the '|' as a delimiter. I have been able to decode
> most of these unnamed fields. Pointer-reference uses an XPointer-inspired
> system for navigating through tags.

I just don't understand.  Why waste all this tremendous effort trying
to deconstruct the secret 3V protocol when Crit provides a simple and
clearly-documented protocol and complete source code?

-- ?!ng

"Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you remember."
    -- Oscar Levant