Re: Private annotation capabilities

Mike Pritchard wrote:

> I've been reviewing all the resources I can find for information
> about annotation software.  Most of the work that is published seems
> to revolve around public annotation capabilities.

PageSeeder from Weborganic can be installed on an intranet.

> I know of a few tools suitable for intranet use, such as Lotus Notes,
> but would appreciate any pointers to other resources.

I can see that you've already tried out the demo so that you've seen how
the annotations are easy to send using your existing email program,
without the requirements of Lotus Notes (and Windows 2000) for everyone
to be in the same workgroup and use the same client software.

> At the moment
> it looks like we'll be implementing a custom solution - probably
> using an SQL database and perhaps PHP - but before I go down that
> path I'd like to eliminate other possibilities.

PageSeeder already uses an SQL database, it needs a Java servlet runner.
(I don't know what PHP means) and can be run on any server (we think).

We have just released the beta2 for testing. We are a small self funded
company and interested in any possible partnerships.

Regards
Julie Gibson
WEBorganic Pty Ltd - Web sites that grow naturally!
julieg@weborganic.com        http://www.weborganic.com/
ph +61 2 99817168  fax +61 2 9981 7169
Sydney, Australia