Re: W3C collaboration web site

Karen MacArthur wrote:

> I'd like to start collecting material for the W3C
> collaboration/annotation web site.  If people send me pointers to
> their research, perhaps with a short abstract, I'll start putting them
> together and forward it to Dan LaLiberte at W3C.

Hi Karen
My colleague Philip Rutherford and I have been working on implementing annotation
systems for several years, originally in education but now through our company
Weborganic.

We have just released a beta version of PageSeeder which uses a method of dropping
annotation points (seeds) into pages which can then receive and display messages.
We have combined this with a list for groups which can be created of people
interested in new comments on a page, so that they can keep up to date with new
annotations through email.

We have written various papers and they are accessible at our site as well as full
information about our approach and a downloadable beta version.

http://www.weborganic.com/

We are using our own system to manage our site, and especially the mailout that we
are doing at present to let people know about us. Anyone who wishes can register on
one of our groups to receive the updates.

It's great that you are taking on this job, we have been working in isolation for
some time, and we are more than ready to get some feedback on our approach to this.

Regards

Julie Gibson

--
Julie Gibson
WEBorganic Pty Ltd - Web sites that grow naturally!