Re: Interactive Paper Project at UIUC

Hey, it's not that unreasonable that he didn't check first. We were well up on
things in annotations 3 or 4 years ago but found nothing that suited what we were
doing so went about doing it our way. We kind of got isolated and didn't keep
checking on the rest of the world. It's only because Jon contacted us that we've
been reminded.

It looks like the time is ripe for this use of the web to take off. This new
project is closer to the PageSeeder idea than the other annotation systems I've now
started to get familiar with. It is more simple minded (as is ours) and the
annotations are seen as part of the page rather than an external critique. There
are good reasons for both perceptions but they tend to lead to different
implementations.

With all these new developments appearing it must be that we'll have a critical
mass of people that will allow some progress at least in defining a vocabulary
about annotations.

Regards
Julie

Julie Gibson
WEBorganic Pty Ltd - Web sites that grow naturally!
julieg@weborganic.com        http://www.weborganic.com/
ph +61 2 99817168  fax +61 2 9981 7169
Sydney, Australia