Yawas : new Web annotation system

From: Laurent Denoue <Laurent.Denoue@univ-savoie.fr>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 18:47:07 +0100
To: www <www-annotation@w3.org>
Hello,

I wrote a presentation of a Web Annotation System, which I've called Yawas
(Yet Another Web Annotation System).
I would really like to get feedback on the ideas presented in this draft.
Yawas is written in Java (no native code) and should work with any browser.
I've done some tests with Netscape et IExplorer.
Any suggestions are welcome, especially on the concept of extended URLs and
how standard search engines could be used to retrieve annotations (extented
URLs).

You can find the draft at :
http://www.univ-savoie.fr/~syscoweb/Laurent.Denoue/HomePage.htm
or directly at http://www.univ-savoie.fr/~syscoweb/Laurent.Denoue/yawas.doc