 De : Laurent Carcone <carcone@w3.org>
À : HiddenId <courriel_achevrier@yahoo.fr>
Cc : "www-amaya@w3.org" <www-amaya@w3.org>
Envoyé le : Mardi 8 janvier 2013 11h48
Objet : Re: error code when insering a video using video tag

Hi Antoine,

The <embed> element was deprecated in HTML4 (and in XHTML)
      in favor of <object>, it's why it is not allowed in the menu
      (it is deprecated not invalid so Amaya doesn't report an error
      when it is found in an input document).

Thanks,
Laurent

Le 07/01/2013 14:50, HiddenId a écrit :

Hi Laurent,

>> If you want to add a video in a html page using Amaya, you
        can use the elements embed or object.

>I see easily where I can get the "OBJECT" tag in Amaya ( top
        menu -> insert -> insert object ), but I do not manage to
        find the way to get "EMBED" tag from any menu in Amaya. It seems
        it is not possible. Am I correct ?

>Antoine
>

>________________________________
> De : laurent carcone <laurent.carcone@orange.fr>
>À : HiddenId <courriel_achevrier@yahoo.fr>
>Cc : "www-amaya@w3.org" <www-amaya@w3.org>
>Envoyé le : Samedi 5 janvier 2013 17h57
>Objet : Re: error code when insering a video using video tag
>

>Hello,
>
>Amaya doesn't support html5, it's why it raises an
                  error on the element <video>.
>Unfortunately, new developments on Amaya are stopped
                  at W3C and Inria. I know there is a project outside
                  W3C to work on the HTML5 support, I'll let you know if
                  I have some update.
>If you want to add a video in a html page using Amaya,
                  you can use the elements embed or object.

>Thanks,
>Laurent
>
>Le 05/01/13 17:15, HiddenId a écrit :
>
>Hello All.
>>Thanks a lot for your returns.
>>
>>I've still questions: is it better to stay in xhtml or move to html code type, regarding results described bellow ?
>>Antoine
>>

>>Here is the code I'm testing, including changes you told me:
>>

>>-------------------------------
>>
>>23    <video width="320" height="240" controls="">
>>24        <source src="proj.mp4"
                      type="video/mp4" />
>>25        <source src="proj.ogg"
                      type="video/ogg" />
>>26        <source src="proj.webm"
                      type="video/webm" />
>>27        <object data="proj.mp4" width="320"
                      height="240">
>>28            <embed src="proj.swf" width="320"
                      height="240">
>>29        </object>
>>30     </video>
>>31     <p><strong>Download
                      Video:</strong>
>>32           Closed Format:<a
                      href="proj.mp4">"mp4"</a>
>>33           Open Format:<a
                      href="proj.ogg">"ogg"</a>
>>34    </p>
>>
>>-----------------------------
>>

>>Then here are results concerning error alerts send back by Amaya:
>>

>>Test 1: keeping XHTML code type (transitional 1.0)
>>*****************************************
>>
>>     <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>>           "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>>

>>Amaya returns following errors
>>

>>*** Errors/warnings in test.html
>>  line 23, char 0: Invalid or unsupported XHTML
                      element <video>
>>  line 24, char 0: Invalid or unsupported XHTML
                      element <source>
>>  line 25, char 0: Invalid or unsupported XHTML
                      element <source>
>>  line 26, char 0: Invalid or unsupported XHTML
                      element <source>
>>  line 29, char 2: mismatched tag
>>

>>Test 2: changing to HTML code type:
>>******************************
>>
>><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
>>      "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
>>

>>Amaya does not return any error.
>>And Amaya modify the code, erasing the "layout" of the code (see bellow):
>>

>><video width=320 height=240 controls><source src=proj.mp4 type=video/mp4
>>  /><source src=proj.ogg type=video/ogg
                      /><source src=proj.webm type=video/webm
>>  /><object data="proj.mp4" width="320"
                      height="240">
>>    <embed src="proj.swf" width="320"
                      height="240" /></object> </video>

                      Video:</strong> Closed Format:<a
>>  href="proj.mp4">"mp4"</a> Open
                      Format:<a href="proj.ogg">"ogg"</a>

>>Conclusion:
>>**********
>>XHTML: still errors, and code is not changed by Amaya
>>HTML 4: no error, but code layout is modified
>>

>>Then: what should I decide ?
>>

>>________________________________
>> De : Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@målform.no>
>>À : HiddenId <courriel_achevrier@yahoo.fr>
>>Cc : "www-amaya@w3.org" <www-amaya@w3.org>
>>Envoyé le : Samedi 5 janvier 2013 15h46
>>Objet : Re: error code when insering a video using video tag
>>
>>HiddenId, Fri, 4 Jan 2013 17:43:32 +0000 (GMT):
>>
>>> I'm trying to insert a video in an HTML
                        page.
>>> I've tried a w3school code example :
>>>
>>> <video width="320" height="240"
                        controls>
>>>   <source src="movie.mp4"
                        type="video/mp4">
>>>   <source src="movie.ogg"
                        type="video/ogg">
>>>   <source src="movie.webm"
                        type="video/webm">
>>>   <object data="movie.mp4" width="320"
                        height="240">
>>>     <embed src="movie.swf" width="320"
                        height="240">
>>>   </object>
>>> </video>
>>
>>> Unfortunatly, Amaya returns "an error
                        code": invalid token
>>> It seems it is the "s" of controls which
                        generate the error.

>>> Do you know what I should do to avoid this
                        error ?

>>Firstly, assuming that you work with an XHTML
                        document, then, instead
>>of controls, you should write controls="" or
                        controls="controls". Then
>>that particular error message will disappear.
                        This is because XML
>>requires boolean attributes to be of the shape
                        foo="foo" or foo="". By
>>contrast, HTML permits the author to type foo
                        (the HTML browser will
>>still think of it as foo="", however).
>>
>>Secondly, the empty <source/> elements
                        must be equipped with a closing
>>"/", since that is the canonical form of empty
                        elements in XHTML.

>>All in all, this would work:
>>
>><video width="320" height="240"
                        controls="">
>>  <source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4"
                        />