Re: problem configuring Amaya 11.4.4 with system raptor

Now I'm really confused.  I had tried several options and edits to the
Gentoo ebuild file, just getting different errors.  I then manually ran
../configure, using various options, and getting a variety of different
errors.  In the meantime, I uninstalled my previous version of Amaya,
since it wouldn't work since I upgraded my system raptor to version 2.
I also uninstalled my system libwww.  At that point, I happened to try
the system install (emerge) again, and it worked fine.  I can't imagine
what difference the uninstalls would make (although I'm not absolutely
certain that the new install was trying to use its included libwww and
not the system version), and I can't think of anything else I changed
(other than the libz downgrade) that should make any difference.

However - I will now try to upgrade libz and see if Amaya continues to
work, as mentioned in one of the links Laurent provided.

I guess the bottom line is don't believe any install error the first
time or two - clean things out and try again from scratch, just to be
sure.

Jack