problem configuring Amaya 11.4.4 with system raptor

From: Jack <ostroffjh@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 14:03:46 -0500
To: www-amaya@w3.org
I am trying to compile Amaya 11.4.4 on Gentoo Linux, and have run into
a problem.  It appears that the configuration cannot find my system
raptor, and it subsequently fails to build with the built-in raptor.
If anyone is interested, I will provide more information on this fail
in a separate thread.

I have raptor 2.0.8 installed and it appears that as of raptor 2.0,
raptor-config was dropped in favor of pkg-config.  I don't know if
Amaya would work with raptor2 but if  so, it needs to check for
pkg-config raptor2 instead of raptor-config.  If raptor2 will work, I
would much rather see a fix so it is possible.  If the code is still
based on raptor1, then I'll pursue why the internal raptor is not
working.

Thanks for any suggsetions.

Jack