Re: Amaya Suggestion

In UX Design (User interaXtion, bah ...) we always have to seek the due
balance between making things obvious to people who is using the UI (User
Interface ...) for the first time and not bugging the expert user with too
obvious signals.
On the other hand, Amaya´s beauty is that it´s "normal" screen has nothing
but real content, after hiding the toolbar with f8.
This seems to be a design goal that I think it is the most valuable one.
Along the many years I´m using this remarkable program I saw the developers
bravely defending this clean UI, and so keeping Amaya´s value high.
So, what Amaya could really be needing is a tutorial pointing to all these
details that are not so evident. Like, for example, who knows that clicking
a tag in the status bar selects it?
Anyway, for the pink splitters to publish their affordabilities they should
feature a "handle" made of a few dots in their middle point. This would have
the effect of publishing their function.
--
Juan Lanus
UX Designer