Re: Placement of comments

From: Bill Braun <bbraun@hlthsys.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:37:41 -0500
To: www-amaya@w3.org
Bill Braun wrote:

> Another common occurrence for me is the following:
>
> As written:

> Which Amaya changes to:

> <!-- close class someclass -->
>
> This is small potatoes on one hand. On the other, it suggests that
> Amaya is moving markup code around, which may be a larger issue.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill B

I should have added that occasionally Amaya moves other code also,
though considerably less than the frequency with which it moves comments.

As written and saved:

    <ul>
        <li>Item 1</li>
        <li>Item 2</li>
        <li>Item 3</li>
        <li>Item 4</li>
    </ul>

Amaya changes this to:

<ul>
  <li>Item 1</li>
  <li>Item 2</li>
  <li>Item 3</li>
  <li>Item 4</li>
</ul>
<!-- close class someclass -->

Anecdotally, I think this may have something to do with the way Amaya
treats line feeds (LF) and carriage returns (CR).

Bill B